Tuesday, April 19, 2011

That Feeling!

There are those moments when you know. You know that you've met the right one. You know you've found that perfect wedding dress, the perfect shade of lipstick, the perfect fitting jeans, the job that feels just right. You just KNOW!

Those moments of crystal clarity don't come around as often as I'd like, but when they do, they alter me in some tangible way.

The last time I had a KNOWING sort of moment was a few weeks ago. I was flying on a flight from Tampa to Denver. A rumpled blond head was resting on my chest, two chubby legs straddled my lap, and the familiar scent of a sleeping four year old filled my senses. My passion and purpose, at least as I see them, seemed to converge in that rather ordinary moment. Right then I had an overwhelming "conviction" if you will, that I needed and wanted, to share my journey with others.

Why not share the sweetness, and struggles, of my story with other parents, parents that have their own stories to tell? The same individuals that might somehow be encouraged through the snapshots and epiphonies that fill my days with wonder, laughter and EXHAUSTION.

As I search for lessons and meaning in the mundane, day to day moments, with my small children, it's my hope that somehow my faithful narratives about the wild ride of motherhood might bring you, hope, laughter, and a sense that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

So.... With that said, welcome. Please join me!




No comments:

Post a Comment